You do not need special prophesies as a confirmation as to what God is doing or will do in your life.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.”.
The pain is never without God’s purpose for you. In the midst of pains you will find God’s purpose.
Sometimes God sent trials not to impair us but to improve us. There are no gains without pains. Pains and grace to bear it come in the same parcel. Pain can not stop you from reaching your destination. Wherever God has destined you to be, if you are moving with God, you will surely get to your destination.
I know some people would say ” WHY ME? “. I had heard some friends asking God “WHY ME?”. My usual response has always been,”Do you know that your being alive today is for His Glory?” …who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this….
Going through what you may have gone through is not as a result of being hated by God but so that the purpose of God in your life and to your generation will be fulfilled. Genesis 37:3-4 reads, ” Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age. Also he made him a tunic of many colours. But when his brothers saw that their father loved him more than all his brothers, they hated him and could not speak peaceably to him”.
Joseph as we must have heard was a prolific dreamer who was destined to save his people.
Wherever God has destined you, if you are moving with Him surely, you will get to your destination no matter the storm.
God’s purpose always speak, it will never lie. Joseph kept dreaming, still his brothers continued to hate him. Here, God’s purpose for Joseph and brothers(dream killers,destiny destroyers) were going pari passu. I’m just wondering how Joseph would have become a Prime Minister in his father’s land where there was no kingdom.
The pain Joseph went through was a propeller to where he was meant to be.
Nelson Mandela of this generation could be likened to Joseph. A man who have gone through pains but never loss hope. The personality traits of Madiba and Joseph exhibited reveal parallelisms that are striking.
* Joseph and Mandela were hated by their brothers.
* Both of them spent years in prison;
Joseph spent 22 years away from home;
Mandela spent 22 years away from his home.
* Joseph ushers a new era of prosperity and Mandela also users a new era of prosperity and freedom for his people.
* Both Joseph and Madiba proved to be great statesmen who brought great prosperity to their countrymen that lasted for decades.
* By words and deeds, Joseph and Mandela taught their people about the importance of forgiveness.
What Actually Kept These Two Great Men Going:
1. Vision: They both had vision. Vision is what makes a man. A man without vision is a man with no direction. The vision they carried gave them the focus. They knew very well that if they lose concentration, that could tantamount to abortion of their dreams. Divine dreams and visions could be so powerful. If you carry them, they can posses you and make you less comfortable.
2. Determination: Joseph and Nelson Mandela were both fighters. Joseph had an opportunity of getting into fornication with the wife of Potiphar but he bluntly refused that. With much resistance he survived it. Mandela fought every battle of his life for him to realize his God’s given dream. He challenged his “White Oppressors” consistently.
3. Patience: Both Joseph and Madiba spent more than a decade in prison, yet they continued working towards the realization of their dream despite the difficult conditions they were subjected to.
4. Faith: Both men had a strong believe that despite what they are going through someday, their dreams will come true.
The only “eye” of God, is the eye of faith. It is with the eyes we can see. Where the optical eyes can not carry the believer, faith can do for we walk by faith and not by sight. “…for the just shall live by faith”. The eyes of faith are the only eyes that can see through the horizon of darkness, fear, failure, obstacles and pains.
Finally,beloved, your case is not different . You are born a solution to your world. The test is your storm, but it won’t be long, go through and hold on.
I wish to acknowledge Papa Frank Odia whose Book- Affliction of the Righteous, inspired me to write this message.